Wednesday 6 July 2011

How beautifully blue the sky. The glass is rising very high...


Suppose we take off our shoes and stockings and paddle?
Do you ever have those times where you put on what you think is a perfectly reasonable outfit, do your face, add a jaunty hair bow, and then look in the mirror and realise you look like an Edwardian lady getting ready to go for a modest dip whilst holidaymaking by the seaside?


Bloomers on show and everything!


I think the bow was a trifle too much.  One of these days I'm going to set myself a challenge and actually dress like an actual grown up for a whole week!

Also, SHOCK HORROR, no second-hand cast-offs in this outfit.  All items were bought from actual high sreet shops!
Dress:  Dorothy Perkins
Leggings:  New Look (I hacked them - they were ankle length but I prefer to have the minimum possible amount of legging in any outfit.)
Sandals:  Monsoon
Hair bow:  Peacocks

I have worn my stripy dress three times during my short ownership of it; to work, to a party and to a school concert.  I won't usually buy something if I don't think it's versatile - can't afford to have separate wardrobes for separate occasions!  Also it used to have a belt but the pixies stole it and buried it somewhere.

Also, continuing the theme of dressing like a child (24!  I'm 20-flipping-4!), here's a boring outfit that I forgot in the last toast post:

School trip to the allotments in the rain.

(I don't know why it looks like I'm wearing white woolly tights...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...