Monday 20 August 2012

Another suitcase in another hall

I can't understand at all why laptops have relective screens.  While the sun is shining I can't see a blessed thing on mine. (Actually, maybe that's the point - to encourage internet-addicts out of the house and into the fresh air during daylight hours...)  I've had to retreat to the shadowiest corner of the living room (behind the door, for those of you who are familiar with the geography of my flat and want to picture it exactly!) in order to see and edit my Boring Outfit Pictures.  Bah.

Anyway.  On another sunny day last week, when I actually DID leave the house instead of squinting at my laptop all day (I seem to have spent the first three weeks of the summer holidays in an absolute whirl, and then the fourth week doing not much more than creating a bum-shaped dent in the sofa), I bought a pretty little vanity case from a vintage shop.


Too small for anything more than an overnight stay, too big to sit on my dressing table  dressing bookcase, too angular to fit into my bike basket, and having just missed an opportunity to use it as a backstage-essentials-and-small-bits-of-costume bag, what's a girl to do?

Well, taking a leaf out of Kerry's book, I pressed it into service as a handbag.  It proved heavy, unwieldy and dreadfully impractical, but it looked wonderful, so I don't care.



The case and I had a splendid day at Tynemouth market (although I came away empty-handed - I have imposed a severe ban on buying mouldy old Penguin paperback detective novels until I've read the ones I've already got!) followed by a trip to York to see Kayleigh's latest play.


Impractical, but it gives good hugs.

Right, now that that's done I'm going to sit outside in the sun with one of my dusty paperbacks, WHICH WON'T HAVE A REFLECTIVE GLARE, DELL!

Over and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...