Thursday 15 September 2011

I Like Winning. Give Me Prizes.

I am often heard to complain that I haven't got a thing to wear.  This is obviously a lie, as my groaning, overstretched wardrobe with its multiple dresses per hanger will attest.  Nonetheless, I would greatly like to win lots and lots of new clothes from the rather swish online shop Zalando.  Zalando have asked bloggers to enter their competition by choosing items from the shop to style into a fantasy outfit.  Would you like to see my entry?



  1. Selected Femme Snake dress in turquoise: £59.95
To start with, I’ve (surprise, surprise) gone for a dress.  The colour of this one is beautiful – very summery, but I’ve decided to style it for autumn with…

  1. AirStep Oyster boots: £280
…knee-high boots.  I know, they’re a bit clunky for such a pretty, delicate dress, but I make my clothes work hard, and this dress would have to multi-task as nightwear AND daywear for me.  I love the colour combination of turquoise and chocolate, and I think they’ll work just fine with the dress.

  1.  Liu Jo blazer: £464.95
It’s chilly in Newcastle in the autumn, so I’ll need a jacket.  There’s something Grecian about the shape of the Snake dress, which I think is picked up perfectly in the woven belt of this tan blazer.

  1. Numero 10 Victoria Street handbag: £570
Since this is a daytime outfit, a big handbag is required to carry all of the stuff that a modern-day Grecian maiden needs at the weekend.  Chocolate-brown leather returns in this one – doesn’t it look soft?

  1. Black Lily Luella scarf: £59.95
I wanted some gold accessories to set off the brown and turquoise, but Zalando don’t have a great deal of jewellery on the site.  The gold print on this pretty scarf is actually birds, but when rolled up like this, it gives a vague impression of the strings of gold chains that our Greek Goddess would wear!

  1. s.Oliver belt: £23.95
This dress doesn’t really need a belt, but I couldn’t resist the metallic feather.  I’d probably contrive to wear it in my hair or something!

  1. Uslu Airlines nail polish in DRS: £16:95
It was the pretty turquoise colour that drew me to this dress in the first place, so I didn’t want it to get lost amongst all the brown.  I’d pick it up again on my fingernails with this nail polish.

So!  How do you like my Zalando ensemble?  If you would like to enter yourself, just pop over to the Zalando competition page and choose your clothes, then let them know when you've blogged about your creation.  Good luck!  (But please don't make a better outfit than me, because I want to win.  Ta!)


zalando fashion frenzy

1 comment:

  1. Like the boots!
    Poppy xx
    http://poppydoes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...