Tuesday 1 March 2011

Gentlemen Prefer Boring Outfits in the Park

Small boy:  Miss Hamer, Miss Hamer, it's my birthday today!
Me:  It's my little sister's birthday too!
Small boy:  I'm seven!  How old is your little sister?
Me:  She's twenty-two.
Small boy:  No way!


Happy birthday Stephieann!

As I probably mentioned once or thrice, last week I was treading the boards. (It went very well, thank you.  Stay tuned for the inevitable 'I was in a play' post sooner or later)  Show week coincided with half-term, which meant that I was able to spend the entire week doing lovely things (and by 'doing lovely things' I mean 'staying in the pub until closing time every night') with my thespian friends.  I'm firmly of the opinion that if I wear flowers in my hair that means it IS summer, so my pal Hannah and I prepared for opening night by going for a stroll through the park.


 
What's that I spy looming on the horizon?  Why, it's HMS Pinafore!

My dress is from Primark, my jacket is from Oasis, my scarf is from H&M and my boots are so knackered that I almost left them to achieve immortality in the Shoe Tree...

Don't do it, Bette!  You'll have to walk home barefoot!
I found it slightly amusing that no fewer than four people texted me this morning, full of concern, to inform me that Jane Russell had died.  I love that I'm the first thing people think of when they hear that olden-days movie stars have snuffed it.  Poor dead, beautiful Jane. 


This picture's my absolute, total favourite.

Dazzling, wasn't she?

2 comments:

  1. You did your best, but I'm still not convinced it is summer! Looking forward to hearing about your theatrical exploits x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress, Primark you say? Gorgeous! I wore gloves today - it's definitely not summer, even though I wish it was. When my steering wheel is too cold to touch with bare hands, it's definitely not summer. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...