Friday 8 June 2012

Cool Brittania

Hello viewers, here is the one thousandth Jubilee-themed blog post you will have seen this week.

We kicked off the jubilations on Friday with a red, white and blue non-uniform day at school.  I'm usually wearing some patriotic combination of those colours on any given day, so I tried to think of something to give my outfit a little extra something to bring it from everyday clothes to dressing-up-at-work funtimes.  My accessory of choice turned out to be...


...white tights!

I swear, each time I have to grudgingly pay good money for a show-costume accessory, adamant that I will never wear said item again, it always ends up coming in useful at the most surprising of moments!


All day I was compared to either Snow White or Alice in Wonderland, which was rather flattering!


Red shoes: Charity frock swap
Red belt: Christmas present a hundred million years ago
Red lipstick:  Jemma Kidd

White tights: Can't 'member.
White blousey thing: Jumble sale
White pearls: Market stall in Bulgaria
White hair flower: No idea.

Blue dress:  Dorothy Perkins.
Blue eyes: model's own!


I think I looked swell, but all day I had dress jealousy.  Imagine being surrounded by hundreds of small girls, all in full-skirted, polka-dotted, striped or Union-Jack-ed red, white and blue dresses, cardis, socks and shoes!  We have some very well-turned-out children at our place!  I must say though, it made me very sad that almost all the little boys' contribution to the theme was an England football kit.  Words can not describe how much I hate, loathe and despise football.

Anyway, after one of those brilliant work days where by morning playtime you're already able to say that the amount of cake eaten has far surpassed the amount of work done, I turned my back on school for a whole week. (Which is almost over already!)

On Saturday I journeyed down to the capital to see Alexa's new house, celebrate her birthday and, of course, to see the Queen!


There she is!

It was chilly and drizzly down at the Thames river pageant, but we had a jolly good time.  We saw all of the action on a big screen, and when the flotilla finally reached our bit of the river the crowd got really excited.  It was all very infectious.  When her Majesty's barge went by, everybody got the giggles!  Here are a couple more snaps:




And then I came home and dressed up like the Queen.


(disclaimer: there was an actual good reason behind this!)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, excellent - I wish there had been more people wearing tiaras for the jubilee! I would totally take that throne ;)

    Penny Dreadful Vintage

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...